Friday, March 16, 2012

Do Work Always

There is a quote that has been going around now from Ira Glass. 


(from here)


This is an incredible and powerful quote and is something that is important to remind yourself amongst other things like measure twice and cut once, you’re really not that important, and brush your teeth twice a day.

The summer before my senior year of high school I attended a prestigious dance festival in North Carolina.    I took a class with the director of the festival on choreography, I had a senior project this coming year and this class was going to help make this performance EPIC.  She told me one day after I hated my work for the day that its ok to make bad work, just keep going.  I told her "I don't have time for that, it has to be great."  TRUE STORY.

Someone really should have told me it was dance camp....and stop being such an asshole teenager



So do work...always, bad work, excellent work...all of it is purposeful.




Inky Agnes



No comments:

Post a Comment